Hello everyone! Happy Friday! I have something fun and different for you today. The wonderful Jhanis from Fascinations of a Vanilla Housewife has asked me to be a part of her Ask Away Friday post.
Here are the 10 questions she asked me:
1. What time do you usually update your blog? I usually make my posts in the evening and set them to publish at 7 a.m. Central Time.
2. Is this your first blog and what made you decide to use illustrations/stick figures? I have a very boring professional blog that I hardly ever update. I am a clarinet performer and I also teach clarinet lessons so a while back I started a blog for those purposes. Momtimes4 is my first fun blog! I love it! I love reading “mom” blogs and wanted to start one of my own. My husband didn’t feel comfortable with me using pictures of my kids, so I just started drawing things. I am a terrible artist, so stick figures is about all I can do!
3. What will you not blog about? I don’t really think anything is off limits, but I try to keep my work “family” entertainment so that kids can see the cartoons too.
4. What does your family think about your blog? My kids love it!! They want to see what I make everyday and they hope they are “featured” in the cartoon. My husband likes it too and sometimes gives me tips to make things look better.
5. What do you think is your funniest post? Hmmm…I am sometimes surprised at what cartoons people think are funny and which have been duds. My favorite ones are definitely the “Reader Inspired Cartoons” that I do on Mondays. I love working with readers to create something fun for people to look at.
6. Any major plans for the next 2 years? Not really. In 3 years all of my kids will be in school so I will likely go back to full time work as a college music teacher. Still blogging – I hope!
7. What is your favorite time of the day? I hope this doesn’t sound bad, but it’s night time when all my kids have successfully fallen asleep and I can finally put my feet up.
8. Can you illustrate the most chaotic time of the day in your house. DINNERTIME!!
9. Copying your question: Do you resemble your stick figure? You be the judge:
10. This you can’t just draw. Show us a photo of the stuff you’ve got in your bag 😉
This is not too exciting! My purse is really unorganized, has a diaper, monster truck, wallet, and about 1 million grocery store receipts.
Well that was fun! I hope you enjoyed it and pop on over to read the questions I have for Jhanis.